Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, April 15, 2011

My 1st Interview!! >< PILN Law UK--14/4/2011

My interview is on 11.55am and they told me to come 30 minutes early for registration..and the brilliant me ask my dad to come EARLIER THAN THAT. And thats the reason why the clock are showing 10am, and my dad's creamy Vios has already been parked at the Kompleks Sukan, Veledrom Rakyat, Ipoh Perak. Genius me.. =..=" So, I waited with nervousness for the my panel's turn. (Im in panel 3, number 1) Theres a lot of Chinese and few of Malays and Indians.
At 12am, its finally our turn to walk in the room. Staring at us are 2 women and 1 man. My heart was seriously pumping like crazy! Then, he said that we are lucky to get the interview since only half of the applicant are choosen for it.

The first thing he said is introduction (in BI).
I was quite happy since I already prepared the text for this.. XP Thanks to all the seniors' experiences!! I was the first one to go as I was lucky number1. I make the man laughed when he asked me does my school has a lot of Jambus (my secondary and primary school is Kampung Jambu in name) I just smiled and said no, but we do have a statue of Jambus (seriously, we do). I was really scared when I hear all the members' of my panel introduction, since they have national level certification.. =..= I thought that Im gonna die since my ko-ku isnt that shiny in comparision to them. But, I got to say that they have communication problem, theres a lot of err and aah.. (didnt they prepare the introduction text beforehand?) And I forgot a whole paragraph from this..=..=" too late to remember now I guess.

Second question. What courses are you taking? (BM)
I was the 1st to answer I think. I was quite okay here too since I did a text for this too. I said that I want to be a lawyer so that I can help innocent people (in my naive state of mind) Then, the man laughed (since its a naive dream) and asked how about if my client is guilty? I said, then as a good lawyer I would ask him/her to confess up and I added, as a GREAT lawyer, I would try to shorten their jail time.

Third question: How you see yourself in 15 year time? (BM)
I was the second one to answer. Its quite funny since I raise my hand the same time as the 3rd guy and he ended up giving the spot to me. I said that I saw myself as a lecturer at the local university (just added local for effect XP) The reason why I said lecturer is because lawyer would bring out more question like in what direction, crime, sivil, or syarie' so lecturer is the safest answer. The woman ask, not lawyer? Then, I said my ultimate goal is to be a lecturer and give back all the knowledge I had gained to others.

Fourth question: What characteristic an officer should have? (BM) I was the last one to answer. I asked whether I can answer in a lawyer's view. And one of the female interviewer smiled. So, I said that a lawyer should have bravery, and I took the last interviewee's idea about telling the truth. And my second point also is a combination with the 3rd guy idea about time management. I said that very few Malays have this attitude. Thats why there is such thing as 'Janji Melayu'. Promise 2pm and they will come at 2.30pm. The last interviewer nodded abit when I said this.

Fifth question: Whats the meaning of keterampilan diri? (BM) I was first I think. I said that it is all about looking clean. Qouting: It about not wearing 'selipar Jepun' but in the same time, you dont really need to wear branded, expensive clothings. They didnt ask anything but the last interviewee was hit abit since he kinda use my idea, but with a different words..so I was feeling a bit guilty and started thinking did I said too much and make the others lose their points? T..T gomen......

Last question: Theres three bekas air mineral in front of them. Left: Empty, standing upright. Middle: Full, standing upright. Right: Full, upside down. We were asked to talk anything about it, like life, studies etc. I raised my hand directly after they finish explaining. I said that it consist of 2 points: Knowledge and basic of life. First, I said that when you dont have any knowledge, it is easy for you to be defeated. I even took the initiave to walk in front and make the bekas air fall. XP Then, I think I forget to make it stand again. The second point, I talk about when your basic of life is strong, then you will be stronger. (based on physic point of equilibium and size of base) After I finish, all the interviewers said that I really am cut out to be a lawyer. XD so damn happy when they said that! ^^

Overal point of view: I was really lucky that they only asked us to talk in English for the introduction! Only 2 candidates (me and another Chinese boy) can talk quite fluent while the other two has alot of err and aah in their talk. The Chinese boy really stand up since his Malay is really fluent and he didnt have slang like most Chinese does. I think I did great, but only time will tell whether I can get the scholarship or not. Wish me luck!

0 comments: